Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I think I just had an "aha" moment.

My neighbor on the 3rd floor is a nice guy but he's a devout Christian.  Another neighbor attended her father's funeral got me asking him where our souls go when we die.  His life evolves around the Gospel.  So he says that all non-believers go to Hell(even if you're a nice person).   I ask him, "Is there a reason for our souls being born?"  He proclaims,"If you  don't accept Christ than you go to Hell.  Christ died for our Sins."  I then asked him to explain,"Why do we still have Sin?"
He responds that it is our free will to choose:  Unless you believe in Jesus, you won't get a pass thru the gates of heaven.
We agreed that Hell is suffering.  We disagreed on the location.  I told him I believed that we create our own suffering.  You can make it a living Hell or choose to make your life a Happy Paradise.  Your soul being born embodied in this space-time creates your state of mind.  Your physical ability to interact with your surroundings plays an important role in this present moment we call,"Life".
Conclusion:   The choices you make Now affect your soul while you're alive and everything around you.  What happens when you die,"Who knows?"
That was my,"aha" moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment